Madame Debb

Saturday, January 15, 2011

DIY //* Fabric Yo-yos

Hello!
Ticia here, with a current obsession I wanted to share with you all...

Fabric yo-yos!
(image credit here)
They've been around for quite a while now, and all of the craft communities I am part of seem to really love them! I now know exactly why. Not only are they incredibly easy to make, but they can spruce up any sweater, purse, or hairdo :). I skimmed a few tutorials and made some of my own last night! This is hardly a tutorial, but I wanted to show you guys how simple this can be :)

First, you just cut your fabric into a circle (I didn't use anything but you can use things around the house like a bowl, cup, etc... depending on what size you'd prefer it to be! I recommend cutting a fairly large one seeing as they do shrink quite a bit once completed). Then you just do a running stitch, keeping the thread facing the "inside" of the circle!
Once your stitches meet, just pull both sides and tie them in a knot.
I chose the lazy route and hot-glued the buttons/yo-yos together, but sewing them is always an option!
VoilĂ ! You can add them to headbands or even a simple brooch to add to so many things!
Thanks for looking, lovelies! I hope everyone has a great weekend <3

p.s. If you're as lazy as me and would prefer to just buy some cute yo-yos, visit Cait's etsy here! It is magical!

3 comments:

  1. j'adore! i've seen a couple of cute cute projects that can totally use some of these cute do-dads! i'll have to link us up to these bad boys soon.

    xoxo
    mama debbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable! I love the little prints.

    ReplyDelete